The DFE vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is:
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Our objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in our school.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
At Great Staughton Primary Academy, we work hard to ensure that our swimming curriculum produces the best possible experiences and progress for all pupils. Over many years, we have worked in partnership with Kimbolton School to ensure that all key stage 2 pupils enjoy swimming every year. The graph below shows the achievements of Year 6 pupils upon leaving GSPA.